Wednesday, June 16, 2010

conclusion

I always felt like writing this blog was such a hassle. Now that I look back on my writing I noticed that it improved over time. My latest blogs are very much improved compared to the first ones I wrote. Also, my punctuation has definitely improved. My writing style is very much the same. My vocabulary has expanded, but the way I talk definitely shows in my writing because I use a lot of the same words. I also noticed that some of my later work was more interesting to read and get into the the first blogs which were very boring. There was just no excitement in them. I think what helped me a lot was reading all the books this year like Great Expectations, Romeo and Juliet, ect. Each book showed me a different writing style and widened my vocabulary. A quote that I think really expresses this blog is
One of the greatest moments in anybody's developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is

-Norman Vincent Peale

I think that this shows that over time these blogs really helped us find out who we are as writers. Now that we have wrote and read over blogs of ours we can see the way we write and become comfortable with it while still developing our writing which I think is a very important step in improving in english and will help us all move onto honors english 10


No comments:

Post a Comment